Pink Wednesday! China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted with Oxidized Aqua!


This ^ is how I have been feeling about Pink Wednesday lately. I am debating if I want to continue with this blogger tradition. I am honestly not a fan of pink nail polish. I also don't like to feel directed or influenced with my blog. I just want to have fun with this, and I simply dread Pink Wednesday. So I hope you understand, and won't mind if I choose not to participate in Pink Wednesday anymore (or not as often). 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This week I chose China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted. I expected this to me more of a metallic-like polish, but it ended up to be a frost. I only needed 2 coats, but I didn't like how the brush left marks in the polish. 

2 coats, with Orly Sec' N Dry top coat, artificial light, no flash...




As you can see here, brush marks!

I then added Oxidized Aqua. I applied diagonal brush strokes for a different effect. I ended up with what I would consider a "Crackle Fail". Not sure what went wrong, I am thinking my coats weren't thick enough. I have never had a problem with OPI or China Glaze Shatter/Crackle before. I do like the contrast between these two colors though!

With top coat, artificial light, no flash...




I love the way Shatter/Crackle looks up close!

0 comments:

Post a Comment